The best concrete block adhesive is a versatile and handy way to cover cracks and repair damages to your concrete blocks. They are also used to bond concrete blocks with other materials and do an excellent job holding down your projects. Unlike many bonding agents in the market, block adhesives are easy to use and do not cost a fortune.
Interestingly, there is a wide range of options to choose from that it can be a bit difficult to select the best concrete block adhesive. The difference in cost to the benefit and performance is another factor that makes choosing a concrete block adhesive daunting.
We will look at some of the best products in the market in our best concrete adhesive review. We won’t just give you enough options to work with; we’ll show you how to apply a concrete block adhesive correctly.
- 1 Top 15 Concrete Block Adhesive
- 1.1 Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive, 9 Ounce Cartridge
- 1.2 PC Products 167779 PC-7 Two-Part Heavy Duty Multipurpose Epoxy Adhesive Paste
- 1.3 Loctite PL Premium Polyurethane Construction Adhesive 10-Ounce Cartridge
- 1.4 Liquid Nails LN-907 Extreme Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive
- 1.5 Gorilla Heavy Duty Spray Adhesive, Multipurpose, and Repositionable, 14 ounce
- 1.6 Weldbond 8-50160 Multi-Purpose Adhesive Glue, 1-Pack
- 1.7 Flex Seal Glue Clear 9 oz PRO Formula
- 1.8 Red Devil 0646 Gray 10.1 Oz Cartridge Masonry and Concrete Acrylic Sealant Repair
- 1.9 Gorilla Max Strength Clear Construction Adhesive, 9 ounce Cartridge
- 1.10 3M Hi-Strength 90 Spray Adhesive
- 1.11 PC Products 72561 PC-Concrete Two-Part Epoxy Adhesive Paste
- 1.12 Loctite PL Premium Polyurethane Construction Adhesive 4-Ounce Tube
- 1.13 LIQUID NAILS LN-2000 FuzeIt All Surface Construction Adhesive (9-Ounce)
- 1.14 Gorilla Heavy Duty Ultimate Construction Adhesive, 9 ounce Cartridge
- 1.15 Loctite PL 500 Landscape Block and Paver VOC Construction Adhesive 10-Ounce Cartridge
- 2 Factors to Consider Before Buying a Best Concrete Block Adhesive
- 3 How to Correctly Apply Concrete Block Adhesive
- 4 Conclusion
Top 15 Concrete Block Adhesive
Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive, 9 Ounce Cartridge
The Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive is designed for indoor and outdoor use and has a fast hold on concrete. Not just this, it is versatile as it works on all surfaces and can be used for different purposes. The waterproof formula holds up and bonds concrete surfaces for all-weather protection. It is also VOC-compliant and does not have an obnoxious odor. As a result, you can use it indoors without much pain. After use, the product will remain hard but somewhat flexible. As a result, it allows for contraction and expansion of the substrate.
- All-weather use
- Holds in about 30 seconds
- Low odor
- Some users didn’t like that the adhesive dried white
PC Products 167779 PC-7 Two-Part Heavy Duty Multipurpose Epoxy Adhesive Paste
Another exciting product on our review of the best concrete block adhesive is the PC Products 167779 PC-7 Two-Part Heavy Duty Multipurpose Epoxy Adhesive Paste. The adhesive by PC products is compatible with concrete, ceramics, glass, wood, fiberglass, plastic, and brick. Since it is a multi-purpose adhesive, one part works as a bonding agent, while the other works as a filler for indoor and outdoor use. The formulation of the product is such that lets you use it for an extended period. By implication, you can reposition your work or make changes with ease.
- Multi-purpose adhesive
- Enough working time for changes
- Paintable and sandable
- Could take a couple of days to fully hardened
Loctite PL Premium Polyurethane Construction Adhesive 10-Ounce Cartridge
The Loctite PL Premium Polyurethane Construction Adhesive is a polyurethane-based adhesive suitable for cold and hot environments. As a result, you can use it for indoor and outdoor projects. The product bonds with everyday materials and surfaces, and meets APA AFG – 01 Specs. Not only this, but it also meets the state and federal regulatory requirements for low VOC content. The adhesive also has excellent packaging and an easy to use dispenser. Unfortunately, it would become almost useless once it is opened. Hence, we recommend that you only purchase the quantity that you need for your project. If there is any leftover, tape it to keep it from hardening in the tube. One advantage, though, it is easy to use regardless of the level of knowledge.
- Cures in cold temperature
- Bonds most materials
- Strong bonding
- It will cause your skin to peel if you use without gloves
Liquid Nails LN-907 Extreme Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive
Ten ounces of the Liquid Nails LN-907 Extreme Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive is sure to give you sufficient quantity for your project. The product is stronger than using fasteners alone, and it bonds well in extreme temperatures. It also offers all-weather performance to let you complete your project with ease. The glue has a minimum cure time of 24 hours; however, it needs two weeks for complete drying. A durable plastic tube package enables outdoor storage for all-year use.
- Easy to apply
- Stays flexible after drying
- Great for DIYs
- The adhesive is a little thick and is hard to push out of the container
Gorilla Heavy Duty Spray Adhesive, Multipurpose, and Repositionable, 14 ounce
This product from a familiar brand is the second of its kind to make our list of concrete adhesives. It comes in a spray can for flexible use. The adhesive features an easy-to-use nozzle with a wide pad and a controlled fine mist. As a result, it ensures even application and does not tire out the fingers. You can also spray in and from any direction. Like other concrete adhesives in its category, the product meets VOC standard and bonds well with wood, foam, plastic, metal, and different surface options.
- Clear color
- Controlled mist
- Easy to reposition
- It sometimes clogs the sprayers and could waste some of the adhesive
Weldbond 8-50160 Multi-Purpose Adhesive Glue, 1-Pack
Like its name, the Weldbond 8-50160 Multi-Purpose Adhesive Glue bonds well with wood, tiles, and an endless list of surfaces. The glue works as a sealant, bonding agent, and glue at once. It doubles as a priming coat and a sealer for porous surfaces like concrete, masonry, and brick. It is also an excellent product for sealing concrete in garages and basement. You can also use the product in decorative or colored cement. It is an excellent product for DIY as it is entirely non-toxic, and it dries to a flexible and transparent bond.
- Made in Canada
- It can be thinned
- Waterproof and Dries fast
- Some users preferred a point-oriented nozzle to its wide-area nozzle
Flex Seal Glue Clear 9 oz PRO Formula
The Flexi Seal Glue is a strong rubberized and waterproof adhesive that is strong, easy to use, and offers a fantastic instant grab on all surfaces. Unlike many, it is formulated to work on dry and wet surfaces, including use underwater. The adhesive is solvent-free and is paintable. It is even more exciting because it is available in crystal clear and white finish to give your selection flexibility. The glue works for repairs, sealing, and bonding, and has a cure time of one-two days. It is also easy to dispense; however, it’s underwater use makes it a handy product.
- Works underwater
- Instant and strong grab adhesive
- No drip or run during application
- The applicator doesn’t come with a cap to prevent the tip from clogging
Red Devil 0646 Gray 10.1 Oz Cartridge Masonry and Concrete Acrylic Sealant Repair
A single purchase will get you one pack of the Red Devil 0646 Gray 10.1 Oz Cartridge Masonry and Concrete Acrylic Sealant Repair. The product from a brand that has been around for more than 148 years has a textured finish and blends well with surfaces. It has a smooth and elegant finish, and it is extremely durable for outdoor use. The glue goes on smoothly on your project and hardens fully after a few days.
- Dries quickly
- Bonds excellently well
- Easy to cleanup
- It tends to continue flowing even after releasing pressure to the tube
Gorilla Max Strength Clear Construction Adhesive, 9 ounce Cartridge
The Gorilla Max Strength Clear Construction Adhesive is one of the most durable concrete adhesives in the market. It is incredibly durable thanks to its all-weather capability. Not just this, it is 100% waterproof. As a result, you can use it conveniently underwater or outdoors in the rain. The product has a low odor and is repositionable for gap filling. Impressive packaging makes the adhesive easy to dispense, and it dries crystal clear.
- Durable sealant
- Versatile design
- Cures at a reasonable speed
- No cover to slip over the tip of the product
3M Hi-Strength 90 Spray Adhesive
The 3M Hi-Strength 90 Spray Adhesive is a versatile and fast-drying spray adhesive that bonds to a wide range of materials to create a permanent bond. It has a fast-drying design, and by implication, reduces how much time you spend on your project. The adhesive is also easy to dispense and offers different width spray patterns for even and direct application onto materials and surfaces. Plus, it is moisture and high-temperature resistance. The nozzle can be inverted for flexible use, and the glue on the fingers comes off easily with warm water and dish soap.
- Adjustable nozzle
- Permanent bond
- High strength
- Some buyers don’t appreciate its heavy and white finish
PC Products 72561 PC-Concrete Two-Part Epoxy Adhesive Paste
The PC Products 72561 PC-Concrete Two-Part Epoxy Adhesive Paste works for outdoor and indoor applications. It has an application temperature that ranges from 35-1150. The high-tack paste is moisture-resistant and is handy for use in damp environments. It can also be used on vertical applications to fill or repair cracks in concrete. The product has a work time of 20 minutes and cures in four hours. The application is quite straightforward, and an instruction guide makes it easier to complete your project.
- Durable and easy to use
- The dispenser is not stiff
- Thick and consistent
- The tube did not fit into the business end of some caulking guns
Loctite PL Premium Polyurethane Construction Adhesive 4-Ounce Tube
The polyurethane-based construction adhesive by Loctite providing excellent bonding for conventional construction materials. Designed for indoor and outdoor use, the product is more reliable than most construction adhesives. It is also paintable and waterproof, and as a result, cures in cold temperatures. The glue is flexible, durable, sticks, and lasts on different surfaces. Whatever is left in the tube stays soft, and you can always secure the cap after use to protect the content. Since it is not too hard, it is easy to work into crevices and cracks. It also dries with a nice color to create a strong bond.
- Sticky and dependable
- Flexible and strong
- Durable and lasting
- There is no indication of color on the product
LIQUID NAILS LN-2000 FuzeIt All Surface Construction Adhesive (9-Ounce)
Give your concrete enough staying power during harsh weather with the LIQUID NAILS LN-2000 FuzeIt All Surface Construction Adhesive. The product is formulated for secure bond and lasting adhesion, especially in extreme environments. It is designed for use on interior and exterior projects, and you can use it in places with high water concentration. An instant grab time of 15 seconds gives you the ability to reposition your materials and customize it the way you want without difficulties. Plus, it is GreenGuard Gold certified and plasticizer-free.
- Low VOC
- Wide use options
- Instant grab technology
- A little difficult to get rid of the mess
Gorilla Heavy Duty Ultimate Construction Adhesive, 9 ounce Cartridge
Another product from Gorilla, the 9-ounce cartridge adhesive, is one of the most durable product by the brand. The glue is versatile and works in any environment, including underwater. It is handy for gap filling, and you can always paint over it to conceal the adhesive. The product gives enough work time to allow optimal placement of your material and has a reliable adhesion after application. If there is any mistake, the adhesive is easy to clean up.
- Easy to use
- Works underwater
- Thick and holds tight
- Some customers had a hard time opening the packaging
Loctite PL 500 Landscape Block and Paver VOC Construction Adhesive 10-Ounce Cartridge
The Loctite PL 500 construction adhesive works in temperatures from 10 F to 1000 F. As such, it works in all weather for almost building materials. It also holds up with use, and its bonding strength is not affected by daily exposure to water.
- Dries quickly
- Simple to use
- All-weather use
- Some customers wished the manufacturer made one that expanded more
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Best Concrete Block Adhesive
You need to decide where you want to use the glue for effective results. For example, not all adhesives are best for indoor and outdoor use. Therefore, you need to evaluate the environment of use. Apart from this, the temperature of the temperature is another reason that you should consider. Adhesives that are waterproof and won’t be rendered useless in the cold are best for outdoor use. You should also check for low odor and VOC-compliant if you intend to use the product indoors.
Adhesives differ in curing time. Products with instant grab technology, for example, bond faster than the ones without it. Be careful, though, not to choose a product with quick bonding time. This is because you won’t be able to adjust your materials easily for the correction of errors.
Method of Dispersion
Adhesives in spray cans are more comfortable to spray and won’t wear out the arms. The disadvantage of this method is that you can easily spray on surfaces that you don’t intend to get the spray on. Instead, you can choose products with a nozzle.
How to Correctly Apply Concrete Block Adhesive
- Prepare the surface: The first step to successfully apply concrete adhesive is to clean the concrete’s surface. This cleaning procedure dislodges stones and loose chips from where you want to use the concrete glue. It also ensures better binding and concealment. You can sweep the surface with a broom to make it clean of debris and dirt.
- Prepare your adhesives: depending on the type of product that you buy, shake the container for a few minutes before you use it. Before then, check for the appropriate temperature before you use the adhesive. The reason is that most products will only work under certain weather conditions. For example, some will only work in either cold or warm temperatures. We recommend that you shop for products that work in cold and warm temperatures if the weather is aggressive or unstable. Be sure to follow the instruction for mixing the adhesive if there is a need to do so.
- Align your surfaces: bring the surfaces you wish to bond together. One warning, though, is to align properly so that you won’t have an unbalanced project. After this, leave the adhesive for a while. Do note that each product has a distinct curing time. Hence, the time it requires for the adhesive to dry varies from one product to the other. Therefore, let your project dry as shown by the instruction and our review for the best result.
- Clean your mess: clean your work area immediately after the completion of the project. We recommend warm water and soap, but you should check the product’s instructions for cleaning as the final authority. Plus, you should also cover whatever is left of the adhesive and seal it so that it won’t dry out.
- Wear safety gear: gloves and masks are essential for applying concrete adhesives. Although most of the products we have listed above have low odor and are VOC-compliant, it won’t be wrong to wear masks still. Gloves also protect the hands from peeling, especially after contact with the adhesive.
The best concrete block adhesive is a simple yet effective way to bond your block. Most of the adhesives, especially the ones we have listed above, serve as a fastener and a bonding agent. Not just this, they are inexpensive investments that are sure to fortify your concrete for lasting and reliable performance. Look through any of the 15 we have reviewed above and bond your concrete block with ease.