If you are stumped on the type of interior door knobs to buy, then you have come to the right place. Perhaps, you have decided to upgrade the appearance of your door. The best interior door knobs are handy as it offers security and convenience for opening and closing doors. Not just this, it helps to improve your door’s overall appearance.
Rather than fly in blind, it is best to understand the types of door knobs and how to buy them. We have made significant considerations of the best door knobs in the market to simplify your buying task. Hence, we have reviewed fifteen of the best interior door knobs you can buy, including a purchase guide.
- 1 Top 15 Interior Door Knobs
- 1.1 Copper Creek BK2030SS Ball Privacy Door Knob, Satin Stainless
- 1.2 AmazonBasics Closet Door Knob, Coastal, Matte Black
- 1.3 AmazonBasics Bedroom/Bathroom Door Knob With Lock, Classic, Oil Rubbed Bronze
- 1.4 Defender Security E 2537 Mortise Style Fluted Glass Door Knobs
- 1.5 SoHoMiLL Electronic Door Knob
- 1.6 AmazonBasics Exterior Door Knob With Lock, Round, Matte Black
- 1.7 Copper Creek CK2020SS Colonial Passage Door Knob, Satin Stainless
- 1.8 MiLocks TKK-02SN Tkk-Sn Digital Door Knob Lock with Electronic Keypad
- 1.9 Prime-Line Products Classic Bronze Prime-Line E 2495 Mortise Keyed Knob
- 1.10 AmazonBasics Tulip Door Knob, Passage, Polished Brass
- 1.11 Schlage F40GEO716 Georgian Privacy Knob, Aged Bronze
- 1.12 Probrico Bed/Bath Room Door Knobs
- 1.13 Prime-Line E 2497 Mortise Keyed Lock Set with Glass Knob
- 1.14 Probrico Oil Rubbed Bronze Door Knobs
- 1.15 Kwikset 93001-876 Kwikset Mobile Home Bed & Bath Knob in Polished Brass
- 2 Factors to Consider Before Buying Interior Door Knobs
- 3 Conclusion
Top 15 Interior Door Knobs
Copper Creek BK2030SS Ball Privacy Door Knob, Satin Stainless
The Copper Creek BK2030SS Ball Privacy Door Knob has a satin stainless finish that gives it a stylish and functional appearance. Although it is ideal for use in the bathroom and bedroom, the lock has a privacy locking function for restricting access in the home. The lock does not have a push button and does not automatically lock whenever you close the door. However, it comes with two keys, and you can rekey the knob. It also features two black sleeves that allow you to know where to connect either side of the knob. Plus, it offers a universal fit for most doors.
- Stylish and durable with a smooth finish
- Impressive packing with different knob style labels
- Sturdy and well-made
- The instructions are detailed but a little confusing
AmazonBasics Closet Door Knob, Coastal, Matte Black
A few products can rival the AmazonBasics Closet Door Knob, Coastal, Matte Black when it comes to safety and privacy. Be sure, though, that all the products are on this list. The product supports a smooth, efficient, and reliable performance. Since it comes in different styles, it is considerably easy to enhance your home’s functionality and style. It has a brass body and an internal steel structure for sturdy performance. It also includes a rounded steel faceplate and a strike and zinc alloy latch bolt. The latch is adjustable from 2-3/8 – 2-3/4 inches. Plus, it comes with detailed instructions for installation.
- Unlock mechanism is easy to use
- Fast and quick adjustments
- Lightweight but sturdy
- The finish is fairly easy to scratch
AmazonBasics Bedroom/Bathroom Door Knob With Lock, Classic, Oil Rubbed Bronze
The AmazonBasics Bedroom/Bathroom Door Knob with Lock is another impressive classic door knob that is best for indoor use. It has a compact size and a cylindrical body that is easy to use. Compared to levers, the product is simple to turn; thus, it is ideal for seniors, children, and anyone with a weak hand. The product is a set of two that comes with four keys in total for convenient use. Besides the finish, the lock has an impressive key-fit without damaging the holes in the frame. The color is also nice and is lighter than you will see on most door-sets.
- Keys turn easily
- Locks smoothly and securely
- Sturdy once installed
- Some buyers wished the knobs had more weight to them
Defender Security E 2537 Mortise Style Fluted Glass Door Knobs
This is the knob to buy if you prefer a bit of style to your security. The Defender Security E 2537 Mortise Style Fluted Glass Door Knobs, as its name implies, is made of alloy steel and bronze. However, it is its glass handle that sets it apart from many. The glass knob combines with its other features, qualifies it as one of the most stylish and functional glass door knobs. It has a mortise lockset that will fit any antique or vintage-style door.
- Sturdy and stylish glass
- Functional design
- Easy to install
- Glass may split from excessive jamming
SoHoMiLL Electronic Door Knob
The SoHoMiLL Electronic Door Knob is the better choice to buy if you prefer a digital and customizable door knob. It has a spring-latch lock and not deadbolt, and is easy to set up. You can set the passage code, master code, and up to eight use code. However, you can control all the other codes with a master code. The knob fits both right and left-hinged doors and has a heavy-duty stainless steel design that fits all-weather use. Plus, the design is such that you can install and replace the lock yourself. The product auto-locks from outside three seconds after entry to ensure your security.
- Heavy-duty and sturdy metal
- Durable plastic keypads
- Stores different codes
- Knob won’t turn easily if your hand is wet
AmazonBasics Exterior Door Knob With Lock, Round, Matte Black
Another product by AmazonBasics, the Exterior Door Knob with Lock, is another impressive knob for indoor use. Although small in size, what the product lacks in size makes up for its functionality. It has a great and sturdy build that works for shutting and opening doors. It also has a smooth movement and won’t be abused by rough hands. The product comes with a key case where you can conveniently store the keys to avoid misplacing them.
- Smooth and sturdy knob
- Quick setup
- Easy to turn
- Some buyers wished the keys were longer and bigger
Copper Creek CK2020SS Colonial Passage Door Knob, Satin Stainless
Copper Creek has been around for more than 17 years; hence, it is no little surprise to see the Copper Creek CK2020SS Colonial Passage Door Knob among the best interior door knobs. The product is an ANSI Grade-3 colonial knob with a steel round-corner adjustable latch. It has a rich satin stainless finish and comes with Nickel plated bolts. The knob does not automatically lock. As a result, it is best for use in places with teenagers as you can’t lock yourself in by mistake.
- Heavy and sturdy
- Elegant and smooth finish
- Solid metal parts and screws won’t strip
- Some buyers wished the knob is a little bigger
MiLocks TKK-02SN Tkk-Sn Digital Door Knob Lock with Electronic Keypad
The MiLocks TKK-02SN Tkk-Sn Digital Door Knob lock in an interior door designed for convenient and keyless entry. It comes with customizable keypads that allow you to input locks for each access. It also has an adjustable design that will fit right and left-handed doors. Do note, though, that it is not Bluetooth compatible. Nonetheless, the product supports simple keypad programming. It has a direct placement design that allows you to cut down on door preparation. Plus, the keypads glow in the dark; thus, it provides enhanced visibility in the dark.
- Glow-in-the-dark pads
- Adjustable fit
- Easy programming
- A little noisy
Prime-Line Products Classic Bronze Prime-Line E 2495 Mortise Keyed Knob
The Prime-Line Products Classic Bronze Prime-Line E 2495 Mortise Keyed Knob is another knob that is ideal for replacement and new installation. Designed with a bronze plated finish and steel, the knob has a simple yet traditional appearance despite its modern construction. Thanks to its design, the product can be used for right or left-hand installation. It also has a lock bolt that you can activate with a key from either side of the door. As a result, you can use it as a privacy lock. The mechanical parts work smoothly and give a satisfying click every time you use it.
- Lock bolt key
- Right and left-hand installation
- Classic bronze finish
- The plates are thin and can scratch your door if you are not careful when tightening it
AmazonBasics Tulip Door Knob, Passage, Polished Brass
We obviously haven’t seen the end of impressive products by AmazonBasics. The Tulip Door Knob, like its counterparts, is a grade-3 security door knob that is ideal for use in different parts of the home or office. It keeps the doors shut when you close them but does not lock it. The reason is that the knob does not have a locking mechanism. As a result, there is little chance of locking yourself inside. It comes with a 6-way adjustable latch that will fit most backrests and doors. It also works on left and right-handed doors and is easy to install with a Phillips head screwdriver
- Universal handing
- Certified grade-3 security knob
- Fits all doors
- Not best for heavy security needs
Schlage F40GEO716 Georgian Privacy Knob, Aged Bronze
The Schlage F40GEO716 Georgian Privacy Knob is ideal for use in homes and residential buildings. It has a three-piece assembly and features a push-button locking. That said, it is a lockable knob for security and access restriction. The design combines durable and solid brass trims with metal parts for lasting and reliable use. It conveniently opens from outside and inside. The product is more of a security and less of a convenience door knob since it doesn’t turn quickly. Not to worry, it does an effective job of keeping the intruders out.
- Not noisy
- Durable and sturdy
- Reliable locking
- There are two visible screws on the push-button- a feature that some buyers don’t like
Probrico Bed/Bath Room Door Knobs
The Probrico Bed/Bath Room Door Knob is easy to grip and has a classic circle design for a timeless look. The sleek modern knob is an ideal enhancement for contemporary and traditional homes. It has a modern nickel finish, a solid steel chassis, and a decorative bump rosette. It also features an adjustable steel latch and a latch face with square corners. A thumb turn feature also makes it more user-friendly as you can use it without gripping it with the whole hand. An emergency release tool is handy for unlocking the door from outside.
- Square corner strike
- Exposed interior screws
- Adjustable to fit all standard doors
- You cannot remove the square plate
Prime-Line E 2497 Mortise Keyed Lock Set with Glass Knob
The Prime-Line E 2497 Mortise Keyed Lock Set with Glass Knob has an attractive traditional construction made of a bronze plated-steel construction. As a result, it offers a blend of functionality and style. It has a lock bolt that is key-activated from either side of the door and can be used for right and left-hand installations. The mortise keyed lock set is ideal for various doors and can pass for an original antique glass knob in pristine conditions.
- Great alternative to real antique
- Smooth and sturdy
- Solid click sound when the door shuts
- You need the key to lock it from the inside
Probrico Oil Rubbed Bronze Door Knobs
A single purchase of the Probrico Oil Rubbed Bronze Door Knobs delivers 5-packs of door knobs for versatile use. Hence, a purchase can cover five doors without spending on different knobs. The product features strengthened internal springs that ensure the level stays level. You can also lock it from the inside and unlock it from outside with a coin. It has an adjustable solid latch with considerable length and fits doors of varied thickness. The knob has an oil-rubbed bronze finish and is made of durable stainless steel. Plus, it fits both left and right-handed doors.
- Firm internal structure
- Adjustable latch
- Flat ball-style knob
- The square plate of the latch is not removable
Kwikset 93001-876 Kwikset Mobile Home Bed & Bath Knob in Polished Brass
The Kwikset 93001-876 Kwikset Mobile Home Bed & Bath Knob wraps our list of the best interior door knobs but is not the least. The privacy knob is best for use on mobile home doors. Thanks to its design, installation is fast with a screwdriver. The reason is that there are no complications to its design. It also supports use on left and right-handed doors. Its latch has an adjustable backset that will fit all standard mobile house doors.
- Universal handling
- Fast installation
- Latch has two interchangeable faceplates
- Not designed for standard doors
Factors to Consider Before Buying Interior Door Knobs
The Color and Finish
You need to consider the color and the finish of the knob that you want to buy. Since the products are available in different colors and designs, you have an endless list of options to choose from. However, you should choose an attractive color that complements the door and your space. Some of the most popular colors and styles include:
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel knobs are practical for their durable and enduring design. They are also best for adding a subtle finish to a room.
- Black: Black knobs have a bold hue that punctuates a pale scheme or give rustic charm. Plus, they are ideal for use in high traffic areas since they rarely show signs of aging.
- Nickel: Nickel knobs have a silver-like appearance that gives a premium look to your doorway. It is even more impressive if the nickel has a bit of yellow undertone to give it a warmer look.
- Satin: Satin finishes are easy to clean and offer a frosted look. Not just this, it is hard to get fingerprints on them, and the color complements a paired scheme.
- Antique: Antique knobs resemble handcrafted metals and send a message of heritage and classic history. Since it has an aged appearance, it is considerably easy to pass off as an aged and timeless knob.
Style and Shape
Most knobs have a round appearance; however, they have different designs. For example, it can be a manually keyed knob or a digital one with a keypad. Keyed knobs are easy to use and do not require a level of know-how. However, you can misplace your key. On the other hand, knobs with keypads are more convenient since they don’t require keys. Although some come with keys, the keypads are a major attraction. Plus, illuminated keypads give light in the dark for smooth operation.
Security and Convenience
Door knobs can either be for security or convenience. If you plan to use it for security purposes, it should support locking functions. Some knobs simply stop the door from opening after shutting them and don’t lock in place. Hence, it is best to be sure that it will lock out intruders before buying. Knobs that don’t lock are ideal for convenience that doesn’t require heavy security. For security, look for products within the grade 1-3 range. Grade 1 products offer the highest security, while grade 3 knobs offer basic security.
Ease of Installation
You also need to review the ease of installation before buying the product, unless you don’t plan to install it yourself. If you haven’t done it before, you should shop for knobs with detailed installation instructions.
Door knobs serve different but essential purposes in any home. Although most are used for security, they are ideal for adding beauty and style to your home. Interior door knobs are best to know the top brands and players in the market to buy the best product. However, as that may be a challenging task on its own, we have analyzed some of the products for you. Read and buy any that matches your style.